NMS/2021/04: PRINCIPAL PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Job Title: Principal Public Relations Officer
Reports to: General Manager/CEO
Job Grade: NMS Grade 3
Duty Station: Entebbe
Responsible for: Public Relations Officer, Public Relations Officer-Stakeholder Management, Public Relations Officer-New Media.
Job Purpose: To provide leadership in Public and Media relations for Medical Stores.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Serves as the central source of all information about the Corporation as the official channel of information between the Corporation and customers, media, donors, government, the general public and all other stakeholders.
2. Arranges and coordinates the General Manager’s official programmes, briefs with the press in line with the General Manager’s work schedules and instructions.
3. Plans, budgets and coordinates all public relations promotional programmes in conjunction with the Corporate Plan.
4. Coordinates all public relations procurements for goods and services in line with the Corporation Plan.
5. Conduct surveys, collects and analyses information to assess public opinion with regard to service delivery.
6. Supervises and coordinates processing press releases and public notices in the print and electronic media in line with the set Corporation Plans.
7. Advises management on media/public relations functions in accordance with Corporation’s specific needs.To identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor.
9. Carryout any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
i. A Master’s Degree.
ii. An Honours Bachelor’s Degree.
iii. Must have a minimum of 7 years’ hands-on experience in a public relations role, two (02) of which should have been at Senior Management level and two (2) in a health/medical service organization
iv. Must be a member of the Public Relations Association of Uganda or theUganda Journalists Association.
i. Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills with a good command of English Language.
ii. Excellent knowledge of Uganda’s Health Sector
iii. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, use of New Media for mass
iv. Ability to work independently and with strong organizational and planning skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should submit an online application. Please scan your academic qualifications: Degree qualifications, Curriculum Vitae, Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education, Uganda Certificate of Education, Membership to the professional body and other relevant academic documents and National Identity Card (both faces) and submit them online: http://careers.nms.go.ug .
Failure to attach any of the listed required documents shall lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
The deadline for receiving the Online applications is Monday, 29th March 2021 not later than 5: 00pm.
The application letter should be addressed as below and should be scanned and
The Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer
National Medical Stores
P.O Box 16, Entebbe
Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road,
Note: i. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us, one month from the date of closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
ii. Candidates should attach all relevant academic documents as PDF Files
iii. Interested qualifying candidates who had applied in the previous advert of 25thJanuary 2021 are encouraged to reapply