Job Title: Principal Security Officer
Organisation: Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Services
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling the electricity in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for all exports and imports of electricity to Uganda.
Job Summary: The Principal Security Officer is responsible for heading the security section and assist Manager Corporate Services to manage security services for UETCL equipment. Assets. services and people and conduct investigations into all activities of criminal nature committed to the prejudice of the company by its employees and non-employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management of the security section and activities related to the mandate of the security function.
- Engage key stakeholders such as the communities in the vicinity of the company’s assets, law enforcement agencies and other relevant government agencies with a view to protecting the company’s assets.
- coordinate, allocate individual tasks and supervise a security system that ensures protection and safety of all UETCL assets all installations and/or establishments of UETCL throughout the country.
- Ensure that all transmission lines are regularly patrolled to prevent vandalism and unauthorised tampering with UETCL installation and that all incidents of vandalism are investigated and appropriate action taken.
- Manage all shifts and leave rosters to ensure appropriate security presence at all times at UETCL premises and Plants.
- Prepare and submit budgets for the Security Section Principal Security Officer Supervise contracted security service providers to ensure that they comply with all contractual provisions and security procedures in place.
- Evaluates training provided for Security Staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours University Degree
- Professional training in a security management related field is desirable
- 10- 15 years working experience in management of security functions with 5 years at a senior level.
- Experience in law enforcement in either the Police. army, intelligence organisations; is desirable
- Demonstrate background of personal and strategic leadership
- Must be computer literate.
- Must possess a valid National driving permit.
- A person of integrity, highly motivated, innovative proactive and committed team player.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle driving permit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualifications certificates along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address. daytime contact telephone, or fax or e-mail and giving three referees to:
The Ag. Manager.
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
P.O. Box 7625. KAMPALA
Deadline: Friday, 26th March 2021