Job: Procurement and Facilities Manager
Organization: KCB Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Procurement and Facilities Manager will develop Purchasing Strategies, supervising the complete purchase to pay process, and ensuring a highly skilled and motivated Procurement team in order to optimize value from the total procurement spend of the organization. The job holder is also responsible for ensuring that all contracts are reviewed and renewed on time for all services that are procured by the Bank as well as provision of Quality services to attain value for money. The incumbent is in charge of the management and supervision of Facilities operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Procurement Operations
- Driving and delivering the quality, delivery and cost performance of the supply chain to achieve optimum cost reduction.
- Developing Purchasing Strategies, developing and managing tender processes as well as managing long term contractual and framework agreements.
- Ensure effective Procurement Processes and Governance in line with Procurement Standard Operating Procedures.
- Effectively lead and manage the team consisting of purchasing, courier and transportation personnel, Coordinate transportation and accommodation requests.
- Lead negotiations on contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure that service quality, added value, lowest total cost, security of supply and the deployment of the suppliers’ capabilities in innovation are secured.
- Manage supplier relationships to deliver optimum performance/results in cost, service and quality.
- Provide support and lead cross-functional teams to manage the development and implementation of projects/procurement strategies.
- Liaise with users to understand specifications, developing briefs for suppliers, issuing tender documents and making presentations to Procurement committee.
- Ensure effective procurement planning and spend within approved budgets.
- Contribute to the annual and long-term planning and strategy sessions based on analysis of past performance and best practice in the market.
- Manage branch refurbishment within the KCB’s area of operation.
- Space, planning and furniture provision within the bank
- Manage outsourced support services, development and implementation of outsourcing efforts.
- Manage in-house support services to facilities function.
- Manage maintenance and repairs of equipment in the network.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University degree in Business from a recognized and reputable institution, Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the procurement and facilities policies and procedures
- Professional qualifications in CIPS is an added advantage and staff must have a four (4) years’ experience working in a similar or related job.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online through the KCB Bank online recruitment portal at the link below.