- Company: Kiira Motors Corporation
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Salary Scale: K6
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Production Jobs in Uganda
The Product Designer is responsible for translating two dimensional conceptual designs into high quality three dimensional digital models while maintaining design intent.
Reports to: Product Design Manager
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications;
- Produce CAD specifications and drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards;
- Work with other product development, Marketing and Sales teams to obtain reference information for drawings;
- Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts;
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs;
- Participate in engineering and manufacturing design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
- Make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff;
- Provide alternative design concepts to meet customer requirements;
- Create and update database of design records for future reference purposes.
- Complete CAD drawing and designing tasks; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Product Design Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautic Engineering, Industrial Design, Architecture or Related Field from a recognized Institution;
At least a student or Graduate Membership to the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers or any other Related Professional Body is a Minimum Requirement
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skill with Computer Aided Design and Skills used in Automotive Engineering including but not limited to CATIA, ANSYS, SOLID WORKS or Related
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point
- Strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Client Management
- Process Improvement
How To Apply
To apply for any of the available jobs, you must send your application through email to email@example.com before the deadline . No applications will be accepted after Midnight on 12th April 2021 (as recorded by the mail server). Please note that we are not accepting hand-delivered applications.
Your application should include the following documents Only in PDF Format:
- An duly signed application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A duly signed CV (Please use this CV template).
- Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted