JOB DETAILS: Jobs in Nigeria
- Company: Creative Associates International
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Adamawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Nigeria
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Driver
- Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Creative Associates International to implement the Northeast ConNEction activity to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict. By targeting communities not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this activity will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria.
- In addition to helping northeastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats. In order to enable flexible and adaptive management of the activity in a complex environment, the activity includes a focused effort on research and analysis of the threats and coordination around programmatic opportunities and responses.
- The Program Driver is responsible for operating a vehicle owned by the organization to provide transportation services to employees, consultants, and visitors of the organization to move expendable and non-expendable supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary; ensure that preventive maintenance of the vehicle is performed on a regular basis.
- This position is based in Yola and Mubi.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Program Driver reports to the Operations Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the project staff in obtaining and facilitating movement to different project sites.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs, when necessary, and ensure that the vehicle is kept in good working condition.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, maintenance, oil changes, etc.
- Ensure that all required procedures and laws are adhered to when driving.
- Collect and deliver mail or other type of correspondence, when required.
- Provide safe transportation to passengers.
- Assist in moving supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary, from one location to another.
- Provide airport pick-up/drop-off services to staff and official visitors of the project.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, car wash etc. and ensure that the assigned vehicle is road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Ensure that the steps required by project rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Ensure vehicle is safe and availability of all the required license documents and supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience driving a motor vehicle is required. At least one (1) to two (2) years of experience conducting the same or similar work with an international organization is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of different regions in the country is required. Knowledge of Northeast region terrains is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of driving.
- Valid Nigerian Driver’s license is required.
- Clean driving record/history is required.
- Ability to perform other office duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning etc
- Cautious with defensive driving skills.
- Presentable with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a person with initiative and high moral integrity.
- A good team player with pleasant personality.
- Ability to work long hours and in difficult terrain.
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours.
- Capable of assessing risk and judiciously taking correct actions (Defensive driving certificate)
- Be fluent in English Language, written and oral required skills and competencies.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Conversational English (written & oral) required.
- Fluency in one or more of the languages spoken in North East Nigeria is preferable.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.