The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
About the Project:
The AKDN East Africa COVID-19 Response Project will provide rapid response funds to various local Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to enable them to reach their most vulnerable constituents with support based on their emerging needs arising from the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will also provide a platform, comprising Human Centered Design workshops, flexible grants, and mentorship, to support young entrepreneurs to design innovative business solutions that will meet the medium to short term needs of the community emerging from the pandemic. The 2.5year project will be implemented in Central and West Nile (Arua) regions of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Program Manager will provide overall leadership of the AKDN East Africa COVID-19 Response Programme in Uganda, and be responsible for the delivery of Pillar 1 in which CSO’s will receive subgrants and capacity strengthening support. The Programme Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the project is delivered in a coordinated manner, on time, on budget, with quality, and in compliance with internal and external donor compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the 2.5year program, ensuring the program is delivered on time and on budget and that the project meets the highest quality standards and best practice, and in compliance with the requirements of the donor, AKF policies, and relevant laws and regulations in Uganda.
- Lead a transparent process of identification and management of CSO partners to implement the rapid response funds to meet the emerging needs of their constituents, and provide capacity strengthening support
- Be responsible for the budget, ensuring that all project funds are fully accounted for and financial reports and documentation are accurate and in-line with project delivery
- Be responsible for programme reporting and donor compliance requirements, including the preparation and submission of the project annual work plans, evidence based annual and semi-annual narrative reports, and oversight of financial reports in compliance with the and AKF requirements.
- Ensure all narrative and financial reports are submitted through AKF’s reporting structure on time and with quality
- Lead and mentor the project team, conduct regular performance appraisals and ensure that the team is supported to deliver on their tasks
- Ensure all project management processes comply with AKF’s gender and social inclusion and child and community safeguarding policies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a graduate degree in social development or other relevant field is required and post-graduate qualifications are desirable
- At least three years of experience at senior project management level is required
- Experience managing programs with through partners with sub-grants is required
- Experience working with/building capacity of local Civil Society Organisations is required
- Experience with the Human Centered Design methodology will be an added advantage
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and project and non-project partners
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and fluency in English
- Strong leadership skills with diverse competencies in organisation, multi-tasking, critical thinking, and M&E
- Working knowledge of ICT
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV including contacts of three references online at the link below.