- Company: Forum for Women in Democracy
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE) is a national women’s non-governmental
organization based in Kampala. FOWODE wishes to add to her team a competent, results driven, proactive and self-driven individual and is seeking applications to fill the position of Project Assistant as below.
Purpose of the Job
The Project Assistant will support the Programme Team in promoting gender equality in all areas of decision-making. .
Roles and Responsibilities
• Support in effective implementation of programme activities according to set targets and timelines.
• Support in preparing activity work plans and budgets.
Monitoring, documentation and reporting
• Provide assistance in organizing field monitoring visits.
• Support the Program Officers to develop quarterly project progress reports and plans.
• Assist program Officers to consolidate activity reports from Field Officers.
• Support in the development and dissemination of good practices of our work. Research and Advocacy
• Provide research information for program and resource mobilization.
• Consolidate district specific contextual information.
• Support advocacy on the issues arising from research and policy analysis.
• Support in organizing and coordinating planning, reflection and validation meetings with partners and beneficiaries.
• Participate in networking events and share reports.
• Support documentation of human interest stories and case studies.
• Participate in social media engagements informed by our work.
Organizational support and representation of FOWODE
• Represent FOWODE at different forums.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree focusing on gender, development, Public Policy or a related area from a recognized University. A Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be sent not later than Friday, 16th April 2021 at 5.00pm. Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB.
We do appreciate your interest to work with FOWODE however, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.