Job Position: Project Coordinator
Job Location: Entebbe, Uganda
Hiring Organization: CorSU Rehabilitation Hospital
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CoRSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, nongovernmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability. CoRSU seeks to employ professionally suitable and dynamic individuals to fill the below position on the CBM BMZ project.
The position title is a revised one from the previously advertised title of CBM BMZ Grants Manager that was published on 15th February 2021 in the New Vision Newspaper. In case you had applied for position of
CBM BMZ Grants Manager, please send only a fresh application/cover letter to the address below. Your profile will be picked from the database.
Overall Job Purpose: The Project Coordinator shall execute the BMZ/CBM- CBID project plan under a consortium of current partners working on different aspects of disability management. The Project Coordinator shall coordinate the consortium project where Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services For people witth Disabilities in
Uganda, (CoRSU) is the lead partner and will work in close collaboration with the other consortium partners – Katalemwa Cheshire Homes Uganda, (KCH) and Organized Useful Rehabilitation Services, (OURS).
The job holder will coordinate the activities provided in the project workplan within the respective region with OURS focusing on Western Uganda; KCH, in East & Central Uganda and implementation of the project at CoRSU in central Uganda. He/she will lead the reporting to the donor done by CoRSU after the consolidation of information from the different partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:(For job descriptions and project overview, refer to the CoRSU website; www.corsuhospital.org).
Minimum Training and Experience:
• A Master’s Degree in Project Planning and Management, Finance, Social Sciences, Humanities, Development Studies or a related field.
• Or; a relevant postgraduate qualification in Project Planning and Management on top of a graduate-level degree in Project Management, Finance, Social Sciences, Humanities, Development Studies.
• A relevant qualification such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and experience.
• At least Five (5) years’ experience managing Grant/Projects providing support to medium to large scale projects
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Dynamic professional with experience in overseeing project plans, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of medium to large projects.
• Strong project management and reporting skills.
• Must be able to provide technical advice and support to the consortium partners.
• Ability to work closely with the project accountant and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary teams and consortium partners.
• Knowledge of the medical rehabilitation care services within the central and eastern regions.
• Understanding of consortium partners’ administration systems as well as that of CBM BMZ.
• Knowledge and understanding of the ten (10) districts in the Central and Eastern regions (where CoRSU, KCH and OURS) shall operate.
• Knowledge and understanding of Performance Management Frameworks (PMFs).
• Good understanding of Results Based Management (RBM).
• Good working knowledge of internationally accepted rules governing procurement of goods and services.
• Good communications (oral and written) and presentation skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Excellent people management skills.
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
• Proficient in the use of different project management software and the Microsoft Office Suite.
Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter specifying the project or program of interest) and copies of academic qualifications to The Head of Human Resources,
CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to email@example.com;