Work Hours: Full-time, 08 hours per day
No. of vacancies: 01
Deadline: 16 April 2021
Hiring Organization: Malteser International
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin, or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International (MI) has been implementing projects in Uganda for over two decades focussing mainly on health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, livelihood, and environment.
For its work in Kampala, Uganda Malteser International is looking for an experienced person to fill the position of Partner Project Manager (m/f/d) – National position
As the Project Manager you are responsible for planning, reviewing, reporting and implementing the project in general. You are expected to have appropriate training and a solid experience in all stages of the PCM and partnership approaches. You will be responsible for the effective financial management, reporting, budget monitoring and capacity building of local partners. Furthermore, you will work together with the MEAL Coordinator, local managers, the Partner Admin Coordinator and other managers. .
• Regularly attend technical working group meetings at national and district levels (on DRR, Disability, PT …)
• Coordinate with MI Communications Officer (CO) and the partners for increased awareness of the projects
• Liaise with local partners and the government as assigned by the Country Coordinator (CC) or headquarter
• Regularly liaise with MI’s local partners in Kampala and South West for effective information sharing and communication
• Support and guide the planning, reviewing and reporting to ensure timely and quality implementation of the projects
• Assist in the organization of capacity building measures
• Assist in the coordination and facilitation of workshops and trainings
• Take responsibility of the timely implementation of DiRR and PT projects to ensure that scope, budget, time and quality are in accordance with the respective project specifications, donor requirements and MI rules and regulations
• Ensure proper planning, reporting, documentation, monitoring, and periodic project reviews by closely working with the respective partners and MEAL coordinator
• Jointly with MI partner admin, ensure sound financial management of the projects and oversee all procurement efforts for supplies and services, ensuring that the processes are transparent and in line with MI and donor regulations
• Regularly review and update budgets jointly with the respective partner and verify vouchers together with the concerned MI staff
• Carry out other tasks as requested by the supervisor or headquarter
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or a related discipline
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience managing similar projects
• Proven experience in project planning, proposal and report writing, networking, partnership-building, and working with INGOs
• Budgetary control and financial management, including ability to read and understand financial data.
• Conversant with disability/inclusion, DRR, RBA, PCM, CBA, Gender…etc
• Good understanding of the Humanitarian Inclusion Standards (HIS) and the IASC Guidelines on Disability Inclusion
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
How To Apply
Interested applicants please visit: https://www.malteser-international.org/en/jobs.html