- Hiring Organization: Plan International6
- Job Location: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Project officer Livelihoods is directly responsible for day-to-day planning and implementation of the Livelihoods component and also support the WASH component of this project. S/He is accountable to the Project Manager of the ‘project who is responsible for the delivery of the overall project results in line with project proposal, PIU West Nile emergency response strategy and BNO requirements.
Dimensions of the Role
- He/she is responsible for the delivery of the Livelihood component of this project.
- He/she supports the Project Manager in integration of the livelihood components into the other aspects of the project.
Working in Close consultation and with supervision from the Project Manager, the Project Officer – Livelihoods performs the following roles.
- Support in developing and implementing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project work plans, project activities and budgets.
- Prepare and submit to Project Manager, high quality activity, weekly, quarterly and annual narrative reports for all completed activities.
- Coordinate effectively with project staff and other staffs to leverage efforts, build synergy, team work and deliver high quality project results
- Support tracking, monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting of project outputs, outcomes, impact or results and changes in close collaboration with Project Manager.
- Support effective project budget utilization, management and monitoring for activities directly implemented by Plan staff and partners.
- Support timely accountability for funds used to implement project in line with Plan international accounting policies and procedures and donor requirements.
- Assist in effective management of project resources including procurements in accordance with Plan International Uganda policies and guidelines and in accordance with grant conditions.
- Support with representation in Livelihood working group meeting meetings with UNHCR and other stakeholders at settlement and district level in close consultation with the Project Manager.
- Assist with project risk management in the implementation of the project to minimise their occurrence and possible effects on the project in line with Plan International Risk Management policy and project risk mitigation measures
- Ensure compliance with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and guidelines in all project activities
- Mobilize target community members, children, families and key stakeholders at settlement level and host communities, sub county and district level to participate in BAHIA project activities
- Support the Project Manager in developing Concept papers/ proposals for funding opportunities.
- Performs additional duties as per the request of the Project Coordinator
How To Apply
Closing Date : 26 April. 2021