Full Job Description
The candidates for these positions will be expected, under supervision, to perform duties that include but are not limited to the following:
- Receive, store, distribute and care for records, supplies and equipment.
- Load and unload at the DORIS facilities and at the point of pick-up, delivery or distribution.
- Work at other DORIS locations as necessary to support Facilities and assist with moving boxes, materials, equipment, etc.
- Operate necessary equipment required to load and unload records, materials and supplies.
- Servicing patron requests for copies of historical vital records.
- Making digital copies of records.
- Verify inventories and determine discrepancies in quantities and record any damages. Remove record boxes from shelves to fill agencies requisitions, lifting and carrying boxes when necessary.
- Search indexes, both hard-copy and electronic, for certificate numbers; print certificate copies using microfilm and/or computer equipment.
- Perform related tasks such as retrieving and filing microfilm rolls, retrieving materials from boxes and shelves, printing mailing labels, entering data into spreadsheets or databases.
- Answer telephone inquiries, and assist patrons researching in vital record and other Archives and Library collections.
The position requires attention to detail and familiarity with numerical and alphabetical sequence. The Public Records Aides must be able to lift boxes weighing up 25Ibs to 60lbs. Keep storage facilities and materials clean and orderly.
2. An associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college; or
3. A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Excellent attention to detail
Customer service experience
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET (OMB) APPROVAL.
31 Chambers street
Offsite warehouse facilities – Middle Village and Sunset Park