The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Job Summary: Reporting to the HR & Admin Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions and general office management of the IRC Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Office Management
- Ensure that reception services are provided in such a fashion that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to
- Ensure that all incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s)
- Ensure that the mails are collected from the post office on a regular interval and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages
- Ensure all newspapers are received and tracked for effective accountability.
- Ensure that Office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises securely closed.
- Maintain Petty cash register and ensure petty cash reconciliation.
- Ensure that all office utility bills, subscriptions and office rent are paid on time in liaison with the HR/Admin. Assistant
- Ensure that all subscriptions (email, internet) and other service contracts (photocopier and other machinery servicing contracts) are renewed in a timely manner in liaison with the Senior IT officer
- Prepare monthly utility reports and submit timely to the HR & Admin. Manager or designate
Events Management (Conference/Meetings) and Travels (in-Country) Management
- Work in liaison with the focal person on the personnel committee, coordinate monthly staff meetings and ensure efficient distribution of minutes, workshops, seminars and conferences for the country office
- Coordinate and arrange staff parties.
- Secretarial task- Ensure OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- H/She must also read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures.
- The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Receptionist job must hold a Diploma/Higher education in Secretarial Studies, Business administration or any other related course.
- At least two years of experience in similar position.
- Proven skills in administration and Secretarial services.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams (cultural sensitivity).Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.