Job Position: Rig & rig interfaces Specialist
Job Location: Uganda
Hiring Organization: Total Uganda
- Prepare and update plan and schedule for the rig construction, rig intake activities (inspection, commissioning, final testing) and all required verifications (equipment and personnel). Follow up of the rig construction
- Participate with Rig Contractor and Rig Builder to the end of engineering to ensure there is no short cut taken or deviation made to the offered design
- Monitor progress of the project
- Review FAT procedure and Witness FAT of the major drilling equipment including Well Control Equipment
- Follow construction of the mast, substructure, reception of the equipment and electrical. Ensure electrical installed complies (Atex) with zones.
- Ensure stock of back up equipment and spare parts ordered is acceptable
- Ensure training of the Rig Contractor personnel is well in placed and effective: Cyber chair training, Electrical, Mechanical and Electronical (ET)
- Prepare endurance test with all parties. Number of people, safety measure in place, communication means, spare parts, other.
- Verify rig design, manufacturing and operating compliance with Total, Total E&P rules, regulations and HSE requirements and regulations applicable in country of operations. Assist in identifying non-conformances/deviation vs. relevant regulations with references, applicable standards and rules.
- Direct preparation of rig inspection program with checklists and report as appropriate. Develop relevant outline for acceptance test program
- Make recommendations for rig maintenance strategy.
Context and environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- minimum of 20 years of international experience with a drilling contractor and / or rig audit, Exposure to rig design and construction preferred. Exposure to land rigs is a plus.
- Detail oriented and solution driven.
- Good knowledge of well control equipment and associated international standards.
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. www.total.com
HOW TO APPLY