- Company: Total Uganda
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
- Monitor construction Contractors to ensure that project safety, health and environmental requirements are met.
- Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the Construction Contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule and with due respect to HSE requirements.
- Ensure principal contractor carries out audits and monitor reports
- Take part in/Organize audits of installations and operations, check on their conformity to reference documents
- Ensure principal contractor maintains up to date register of site activities including number of personnel on site
- Ensure HSE team carry out spot-checks on plant, equipment and competency records
- Ensure that personnel meet individual and collective HSE/HSE Trainings and competence requirements.
- Ensure principal contractor promotes a culture of HSE/risk management throughout construction and commissioning works
- Ensure principal contractor implements HSE strategy and processes that represent best Industry practices and are compliant with legislation, Total standards and contract requirements.
- Take part in/Supervise the incident, accident and anomaly investigations and analyses.
- Ensure all Incidents are reported and investigated at a level commensurate with Total guidance
- Ensure the follow-up and execution of actions determined after incident, accident, audit.
- Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) which shall include all contractors HSE information and analysis of HSE performance indicators
- Ensure that appropriate waste management in being implemented by Company, Project Contractors and subcontractors.
- Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
Context and environment
- Recognized professional safety qualification, Chartered Safety Professional preferred.
- NEBOSH General or International Certificate.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Oil and Gas, Petrochemical and Refining industry specifically infrastructure/construction projects, with thorough knowledge on various safety regulations, standards, procedures etc. Candidate should preferably have previous experience in HSE Supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Total group standards and/or previous experience with other major IOC’s in oil and gas construction projects. Good presentation skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Experience in the implementation of behavioral safety systems and analyzing the data produced. Understanding of oil and gas production equipment, processes and utility systems
- Experienced in performing HSE audits, inspections and reviews within Project and Contractors. Experienced in investigation, review and analysis of work-related accident/ incident including root cause and lessons learned and ensuring implementation and close-out of preventive and corrective actions.
- Experienced in providing safety training and awareness courses to company staff and Contractors.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to effectively and robustly challenge the views of contractors and internal contacts.
How To Apply
Closing Date : 9 April. 2021
Get Job Notification In Your Inbox