Job Title: Communications Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 6,500,000 /= – UGX 7,500,000/=
Enabel, Belgian development agency, together with different Government Ministries, are implementing the bilateral Co-operation between Uganda & Belgium.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
As Communications Officer: Ensure institutional Communication in accordance with Enabel Communication guidelines in order to promote a positive image of the impact, results and accountability of the interventions.
- Elaborate and implement an intervention Communication strategy and plan.
- Lead the implementation of the Communication strategy of SSU and SG+.
- Ensure visibility of the donors (Belgian state or other) of SSU and SG+
- Communicate about results of the interventions.
- Lead activities for awareness raising on skills development.
- Closely liaise with Enabel in Uganda Communications and knowledge management team in the implementation of activities
- Develop Communication and visibility materials for the SG+ and SSU projects.
- Coordinate the media relations management of SSU and SG+ projects.
- Disseminate relevant project reports, capitalization reports and facilitate feedback sessions.
- Regularly update social media pages and other online dissemination platforms including website, open, Enabel etc.
As Communications Advisor: Implement knowledge building and results dissemination of the SSU & SG+ projects in order to ensure that the lessons learned and recommendations are known among the targeted audiences.
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for internal and external communications.
- Coordinate with the project management team (PMT) in documenting lessons learned and good practices in the SG+ and SSU projects.
- Assist in the set up & management of a capitalization and documentation system for good practices and lessons learned from the SG+ and SSU projects.
- Participate in capitalization studies.
- Undertake field visits to partners involved in project activities.
- Synthesize and develop success stories and reports based on field visits.
- Capitalize on change processes undertaken within the various project activities.
- Support partners in developing and implementing appealing communication campaigns
As a Manager: Ensure smooth functioning of the SSU communication unit as well as performance of the team.
- Coordinate SSU and SG+ projects Public Relations (PR) vis-à-vis large group of stakeholders, including the Ministry of Education and Sports, the private sector, other development partners, etc.
- Lead and supervise the SSU Communication team.
- Identity capacity gaps in the Communication unit and organize a training to this effect.
- Coach co-workers in the area of Communication.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Mass Communication, Journalism and Public relations.
- At least five years of proven, relevant experience in Communication and Journalism
- Multi-media knowledge and skills using web-based communication (Content Management Systems for website, Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) & audio-visual media
- Strong (written and oral) Communication skills: expressing ideas and opinions clearly in a structured manner that appeals to the reader
- Proven photography and video production skills
- Soft skills such as ability to effectively work in a team.
- Taking initiative and creativity: recognizing opportunities and acting on them; self-starter, coming up with original solutions for job-related problems, devising new methods of work and solution oriented
- ICT skills in Word, PowerPoint, social media platforms, Excel, and using ICT tools
- Strong analytical skills: identifying problems; recognizing significant information; making connections between data; tracing possible causes of problems.
- Knowledge of print media design software such as InDesign, Photoshop illustrator, etc.)
- Experience in digitalization of management practices, especially in the field of communication
- Experience of working for civil society, bilateral or a multilateral agency would be an advantage
- Ability to be patient, agile, flexible and cooperative.
- Strong analytical skills: identifying problems; recognizing significant information; making connections between data; tracing possible causes of problems;
Salary Package: Enabel will offer a monthly gross salary package of between UGX 6.5M-7.5M
Medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December. Salary is accordance to years of experience.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their hard copy applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) of 4 pages’ maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees; their emails and telephone contacts to:
The Human Resource Officer; Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace,
P.O. Box 40131, Kampala.
On-line applications to be submitted to: Click Here
Deadline: 26th March 2021 by 5pm.