- Company: Finn Church Aid
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Uganda
FINN CHURCH AID (FCA) is the largest Finnish Development Cooperation Organization and second largest provider of humanitarian aid. FCA operates in over 15 countries, with dire need. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations and focuses on quality Education, sustainable livelihoods and peace
FCA is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the post of Secondary School Head Teacher to spearhead delivery of quality Education to Congolese refugee and the host community children in Rwamwanja Refugee settlement in Kamwenge District
GENERAL ROLE OF THE HEAD TEACHER: Be in charge of overall administration and management of academic activities (teaching and learning, teachers support provision and teachers performances management), protection and safety of learners including school property and resources and serving as a link between the school and the community and FCA representatives
Number of Position (01)
Location: The successful head teacher will be based Rwamwanja Refugee settlement in Kamwenge District .
The Head teachers Roles & Responsibilities will include but not limited to
• Routine administration and management of the school and ensures professional support supervision of all teachers timely.
• Plan and ensure delivery of professional and careers guidance to teachers and students.
• Demonstrate use of good and appropriate pedagogical practices for teachers to copy and ensure learner centred quality teaching and learning. This will include amongst others; checking and approving schemes of work and lesson plans, allocation of class responsibilities to specific teachers.
• Lead in planning for the development of the School and Professional development of teaching personnel in collaboration with the employer ( FCA).
• Consults with education officers, colleagues in developing a work programme
• Ensures proper planning, budgeting and accountability of the school activities and resources in consultation with the Board of Governors and FCA
• Co-ordinates the functions of the Board of Governors and accounts to them, CA and District education department.
• Conducting teacher’s appraisals and all employees of the School report on their performance.
• Shares professional knowledge with teachers to encourage professional and personal developmentt
• Directs activities concerning student admissions, provision of supplies and welfare services, Monitors teaching and curriculum coverage
• Manage and ensure accurate records of all relevant educational data and information in the school eg enrollment, learners attendances, teachers attendance , Assests and etc
• Establish good communication and feedback mechanism among, Teachers, Students, stakeholders, fellow head teachers, FCA and the Community, and always circulates memoranda and circulars to all members of staff
• Fosters collegiality and harmonious working relationships among teachers and students
• Severs as a bridge between community and school, and regularly communicates results of school activities/practices to stakeholders, e.g. student performance to attract community support.
• Support education activities organized in the community aimed at improving education outcomes.
• Promote used of positive approach to discipline handling of students and report deviation from the acceptable approaches using the reporting mechanism in place
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCES
• Bachelor‘s degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree with post graduate qualifications in Education from a recognized University/ institution
• A Master’s Degree in Education is an added advantage
• Must be registered as a Teacher with the Ministry of Education and Sports
• Must have held similar position from recognized secondary school and at least 3 years’ experience in secondary school management at the level of deputy head teacher with good performance record
• Knowledgeable of new educational trends, theories and practices
• High integrity personnel to control the school and demonstrated knowledge of teachers code of conduct.
• Willing to work with refugee community in promoting access to education
• Good understanding of refugee situation and education in emergencies and able to live within the refugee communities.
• Demonstrate good leadership skills( ability to make good decision, manage conflict, good communicator, planning skills etc)
• Skills in creating a supportive, healthy working environment and team motivation skills
• Skills in working with stakeholders, parents.
• Peer support skills and good interpersonal skills.
• Resource management, accountability and reporting skills
• Must be able to listen and respect authority.
• Be hardworking and with demonstrated good pedagogical skills relevant to Education in Emergencies situation.
• Must be an individual of high integrity with demonstrated knowledge of teacher’s code of conduct.
• Basic understanding of refugee situation and Willing to work with refugee community in promoting access to education
• Ability to speak any of the commonly spoken local language by the refugee students’ i.e Kiswahili, French among others is an advantage.
• Willing to reside in the remote refugee settlement
NOTE: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all at times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks”
How To Apply
Applicants with the specified requirements are invited to bring in their academic credentials, CV, cover letter explaining your ability and skills as well as indicating the subjects you teach and how your previous experience and training is relevant.
The envelope should be clearly marked with positon and location of job applied for. Applications should be addressed to: The Human Resource and Admin Manager, Finn Church Aid. Applications can be delivered to any of the FCA’s offices in Kyaka II Kyegegwa, Rwamwanja in Kamwenge, Yumbe, Moyo, Adjumani, Arua and Kampala offices not later than 5:00 p.m. on 9th April 2021 Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for Interview.