- Company: Uganda Free Zones Authority
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Free Zones Authority (UFZA) is a Statutory Body established by the Free Zones Act, 2014, for the purpose of creating opportunities for export-oriented investment and job creation. The Authority is positioning itself to establish industrial infrastructure, attract developers and Operators and provide innovative Investor Support Services in Free Zones, Export processing Zones and Free Ports. The Authority is seeking to recruit persons with high integrity, dedication and commitment to fill the following position:
Job Title: Senior Economist/ Planner
Reports to: Executive Director
Terms: Three-Year Contract (Renewable upon satisfactory performance)
Scale: UF4 Age Range: 28-35 Years
The Jobholder will consolidate comprehensive plans, monitor and evaluate their implementation .
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Formulate, develop and coordinate the Authority’s strategies and plans
• Coordinate the preparation of performance Reports on the Authority’s activities
• Participate in the implementation and monitoring of the strategic plan and annual work plans.
• Participate in the analysis of National and Program Development Policies and Plans
• Participate in the Budget preparation process.
• Support the preparation of in-depth analysis of development interventions
• Assist staff in preparation of work plans.
• Participate in the preparation of the Authority’s periodic reports.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• An Honours Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Quantitative Economics or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university.
• Postgraduate qualification in Project Planning and Management or Monitoring and Evaluation is a must.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
At least three (3) years of relevant working experience in planning in Government or Quasi Government institution
Character and Competences
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Should be creative and innovative.
• Ability to embrace change management.
• He/she should be a person of high integrity.
• Results Oriented.
• Effective communication and interpersonal relations skills.
• He/she should be a team player.
• Should be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word documents, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Internet applications
Method of Application
UFZA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and gender equality. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Interested applicants who meet the requirement may send applications accompanied by a comprehensive CV with 3 referees, copies of transcripts and certificates as well as other relevant academic and professional credentials including daytime contact addressed to;
The Director General
Attn: Head Projects and Consultancy Department
Uganda Management Institute
Plot No. 44/52 Jinja Road, Kampala
P.O. Box 20131 Kampala, Uganda
Submit hard-copies to the address above or soft copies to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 3:00pm of Monday, 5th April 2021
Please visit these websites for more information: www.umi.ac.ug or www.freezones.go.ug