Asset Strategy Specialist
- Make an impact and contribute to the development of a world-class project within a pioneering organization
- Diverse & challenging projects with our Underground operations team
- Bring out the best in everyone
About The Role
We are looking for Asset Strategy Specialist. This is a role is to support the Reliability Superintendent in the development and implementation of an integrated asset management system, specifically for underground assets. This role will provide leadership to a group of professional in the following areas. The role will have the responsibility to develop the asset management plans and activities to ensure that UG mobile fleet will achieve the optimal balance between productivity, cost, and risk.
Working 5 days on and 2 days off residential roster and reporting to the Superintendent Reliability, you will
- Accountable for the condition monitoring function, allowing for accurate understanding of current physical asset condition.
- Developer of mobile equipment life cycle strategies with a view to optimizing safety, cost and performance outcomes for each class of machine. Aligns asset strategies with business objectives through engagement and consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Custodian of all mobile equipment maintenance strategies, tactics and associated documentation (SWP/ PRT). Responsible for their periodic review and upkeep.
- Develops new SWP/ PRT as required for new machines and/ or external requests.
- Manages the library of all standard purchasing specifications for new machines and makes recommendations for future fleet additions and/or current fleet retirement. Maintains and updates the specifications as required.
- Continuously monitors cost and performance of all mobile assets and reviews recommended asset life cycle strategies as required.
- Provides support and sponsorship for all Elimination of Live Work projects.
What You Will Bring
- Postgraduate or equivalent education obtained through degrees or diplomas from academic college or universities in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 8 years working in Reliability engineering and Asset management in Mining Maintenance Environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading the implementation of maintenance improvement processes (RCA, FMECA) and delivery of projects
- Experience in improving life cycle cost of underground equipment
- Experience in Facilitating Asset Management Assessments for the maintenance function and lead subsequent actions to close out.
- Line leadership experience in a mining maintenance function
- International work experience with exposures in training and developing locals
It will also be beneficial if you have
- Work and living experience in developing countries with strong cultural awareness
What We Offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- International relocation and visa assistance
- Competitive package including annual incentive and living allowance
- Career development to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/ annual, paid parental, sick leave)
Joining the Rio Tinto Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project team is a great opportunity to be part of one of the most exciting developments in copper and gold mining for several decades. The mine contains reserves and resources that make it one of the world’s largest copper-gold deposits.
This mega project is expected to be a major contributor to Mongolia’s development. As part of the Rio Tinto Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project team, you have the ability to contribute to something significant and learn and develop both personally and professionally. We offer a collaborative, high performing environment where success is achieved by working together.
Discover More About Mongolia And Oyu Tolgoi
Mongolia is increasingly becoming a destination for tourism and expatriate residents. As a rapidly developing city, Mongolia’s capital Ulaanbaatar is seen as a comfortable, yet exciting place to live. With an array of cultural and social activities available and a growing network of international schools, housing options, and leisure facilities, its home to a growing community of international expatriates.
Located in the South Gobi Desert, just 80 kilometres from the Chinese border, the Oyu Tolgoi open pit mine and camp is a large, well-run and comfortable site with multiple amenities including recreational and sports facilities, a cinema, shops, restaurants and bars catered to a growing community. For more information about OT site, please check out this video.
Where you’ll be working
Oyu Tolgoi is an operating Copper / Gold open pit mine with a brownfields underground mining project. The site is located in the Gobi Desert region of Mongolia. The reserves case for the underground project is in the order of 0.5 billion tonnes of ore to be mined from the 95,000 tonnes per day Hugo North Lift 1 (HNL1) panel cave mine with a 20-year operations life. There is also the potential for 3 further block cave districts to increase mine life beyond 100 years.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
How To Apply