- Company: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
The Supply Chain Officer (Fleet & Procurement) main objective is to provide efficient and effective Procurement, asset management and Logistics implementation and smooth running of departmental operations in Arua, with frequent support to field offices according to DRC’s internal and donor procedures, as per the Operations Handbook. He/She will be responsible for procurement of goods & services and coordination of logistical operations ensure fleet and related assets are managed and maintained in a manner that supports operations in an efficient manner. Ensure effective and timely maintenance, servicing and repair of fleet and assets in order to minimize down time. Develops implements and enforces vehicle management best practices, policies and procedures. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing DRC West Nile fleet and ensure that it complies with DRC Operational Manual
• Supervising drivers and ensure that the fleet is well managed, repaired/serviced ensuring that the drivers keep vehicles clean all time.
• Ensure fuel invoices are reconciled in accordance to the set time frames by the donors
• Responsible for assigning vehicles to the programs department to facilitate their day to day work
• Responsible for hiring vehicles as and when needed to facilitate program activities
• Ensure that vehicles have adequate fuel for the assigned movements and ensure that a good fuel monitoring tool is in place for usage
• Liaise with field fleet SC assistants to ensure that all vehicles assigned to the camps are well monitored and tracked
• Monitor and ensure that all vehicles, including hired ones are serviced on time
• Monitor contracts for all hired vehicles and request for renew if necessary
• Prepare and submit to the Area Manager for review the payment of fuel bills and contracts for hired vehicles
• Ensure Fleet performance reports (fuel consumption, maintenance, running costs etc.) is posted on the SharePoint for review every 5th day of the month
• Ensure timely renewal of insurance for all vehicles and motorbikes
• Ensure that all drivers comply with safety measures, including use of seat belts and adherence to set speed limits
• Monitor and ensure drivers correctly use log sheets to record details of all their movements.
• Ensure drivers check vehicles every morning using the Vehicle checklist for review by supervisor
• Ensure an optimum stock of consumables for vehicles and motorcycles are in warehouse
• Ensure that all motorized assets (vehicles, motorbikes, generators and lawn mowers) are correctly operated and maintained accordance with donor requirements
• Ensure all vehicle operation policies and systems are up to date and enforced within field operations.
• Coordinate fleet insurance claims and/ or prepare necessary documents for claims resulting from accidents.
• Ensure Weekly Movement Plans are implemented and all KISS movements are coordinated to other Area / Field / Country Offices are done in accordance with the DRC Fleet Utilization Policy.
• Establish a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system, compliant with the DRC Operations Handbook chapter on Procurement Management, local law, and donor requirements.
• Advocate with all program teams in the field for procurement planning, in line with DRC Operations Handbook and Area Performance Indicators (APIs), this includes leading the process of procurement planning and convening regular meetings with Program colleagues to provide feedback on planned purchases, committing to realistic timelines for delivery and implementation.
• In liaison with the supply chain team to supervise procurement processes and implement/reinforce a tracking system for all local and central procurement on behalf of program teams.
• Responsible for ensuring a weekly Procurement Tracking Table (PRTT) is accurate and updated and posted on the share point every Friday.
• Ensure suppliers are vetted according to DRC policies and an updated supplier database exists with comments on performance and contract tracking.
• Ensure framework agreements for frequently consumed goods and services are in place and monitor the FWA agreement Tracked for timely renewals
• Develop, update and share with program staff price catalogue for items and services consumed within DRC west Nile operations
• Ensure proper accounting, reporting, internal controls and maintenance/filing of records.
• Ensure adherence to donor and DRC policies for all procurement processes
• Ensure that all approved orders are supplied in time and requestors informed.
• Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
• Coordinate with Country Supply Chain Manager to ensure that all issues are reported and solutions are realized as the issues arise.
• Ensure all assets are entered into the FA module and Asset Issue Forms are prepared before handing over to Project Manager and the enduser
• Ensure all assets have service/maintenance records and where necessary that assets are disposed of according to DRC guidelines and local laws.
• Provide training and management to Supply Chain Assistants with regards to asset management and tracking and ensure implementation of tracking system is in place at each location .
• Ensure all DRC assets are registered in the FA Module, tracked, and maintained in line with DRC asset management policies.
• Ensure the implementation of regular asset verification at least on a bi-annual basis.
• Ensure the inclusion of donor requirements in asset registers to facilitate correct asset transfer/disposal during project liquidation.
• Implement monitoring and evaluation of stock management systems, including implementation of stock cards and bin cards, as well as regular tracking of receipt and dispatch of items.
• Ensure Program staff are informed of roles and responsibilities of logistics staff, including making recommendations to the Area Manager regarding approved signatories on standard documentation (waybills, Release Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.) as per the DRC Operations Handbook.
• Maintain a comprehensive register for General Programme Equipment (GPEs) in accordance with OH
• Conduct an analysis of vehicle and asset status and make recommendation for timely replacement
• Conduct spot checks of warehouse and asset management to ensure implementation and documentation is up to date and produce review reports on areas where improvement is needed.
• Ensure warehouse reports are updated on SharePoint by the 5th day of every month.
• Ensure compliance with donor requirements regarding fleet, procurement, inventory, and asset management.
• Train staff on PR preparations in DYN
• Train staff on compliance with internal reporting requirements and required contributions to donor and other reporting.
Experience and technical competencies:
• At least five years of related experience; two of which supervising Fleet teams
• Experience of similar services in reputable public organization/NGO
• Fluent in communication and writing in English.
• Computer skills for reporting, and communication
• Driving skills (4*4 manual power); with clean driving license
• The Fleet Officer should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Fleet/Logistics/Business Administration or related.
• CILT certification is an added advantage
• English-professional Competency
• Knowledge of Alur, Lugbara, Luo, Madi and other local languages widely spoken in West Nile region is an advantage.
How To Apply
Closing Date : 18 April. 2021