- Company: MOVIT
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Job Description –Supply Chain Planner & Projects Controller
Position & Grade: Supply Chain Planner & Projects Controller
Reports to: Head of Finance
The Supply Chain Planner & Projects Controller will be responsible for promoting operational efficiency through studying of the entire supply-chain and advising on areas of improvement coupled with implementation of kaizen projects across the entire business .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drafting coordinated plans and activities to support the implementation of the project in a timely manner.
• Driving efficiencies through looking at the current processes and determining methods for improvement in regards to cutting costs and advising on the most efficient ways of executing a process.
• Re-look into the end-to-end supply-chain process and advise on the areas of improvement.
• Preparing execution plans for various components of the project on a quarterly basis under the guidance of the Head of Operations & Supply-chain.
• Ensure implementation and follow through of all kaizen (continuous improvement) projects across the business.
• Support the integrated business forecasting committee (IBF) in ensuring that all the laid-out objectives are met.
• Monitor progression regular basis and give suggestions on timely manner for corrective actions, if necessary.
• Ensuring inclusion of appropriate internal and external stakeholders in the project development process.
• Keep track and monitoring implementations and changes in the various projects and information.
• Ensure timely preparation of monthly progress updates to the Head of Operations & Supply-chain
• Ensuring that relevant project information is captured and analyzed.
• Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project by tracking, analyzing and communicating project risks and opportunities.
• Make sure deliverables are aligned with the goals and objectives requested
• Close project or phase and pass it to project sponsor/Functional Manager.
• Maintaining crucial project documents which track project progress and ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Project Manager.
• Closely monitoring the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task by ensuring deadlines are adhered to and report any potential delays to the management team.
• Implement the Movit Eagle way by executing your duties in line with Quality, Speed, Cost, Safety and People in order to establish the basis for Effective Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement and Innovation;
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as maybe assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Working Relationship and work Environment:
• Working with the entire staff and departments in Movit Products Limited;
• Maintain good relations with key associates and company external stakeholders;
• Office based and ability to manage urgent demands;
• Ability to meet deadlines and exhibit a high degree of flexibility and versatility;
• Ability to work in a team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Supply Chain Planner & Projects Controller position should hold minimum a degree in Procurement and Supply Chain management or any other related science discipline;
• 3years’ experience in a similar role;
• Good team working and communications skills;
• Ability to work to deadlines and excellent attention to detail;
• Proven experience of participating in projects as project coordinator or project management assistant;
• Evaluation and report writing;
• Experience of working effectively with a team;
• Experience in planning and schedule management;
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, supervision, reporting and organization skills with a high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality.
Closing Date : 16 April. 2021