No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have a passion for Food & Beverage and to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing retail environment. You are driven to exceed goals through people. You have interest to serve customers, and provide excellent service.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School Graduate/ Trade School Graduate preferably in hotel, business or culinary programme of study
- 2 to 3 years experience working in a retail food service supervisory experience
- Knowledge of food production and food safety
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise.
- Teamwork, Individual accountability and continuous improvement
- Must have the ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, and constantly changing retail environment
- Must have analytical skills and computure literate
- Must have multitasking capabilities
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to build working relationships
- Must have strong Customer Focus
About the Role
You will assist the Food & Beverages Manager in the execution of the IKEA Food Service Concept in the IKEA Restaurant & Café, IKEA Bistro, IKEA Swedish Food Market and IKEA co-worker restaurant by ensuring that the daily operations of the kitchen and production area is supervised and directed at the highest standard way to strengthen the IKEA store’s position as the best home furnishing store in the local market.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile. Meet and serve our guests showing empathy and care. Willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- Lead by example and a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our guests, and give them a good reason to return again and again.
- Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers. Have a daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants, then act
based on their input.
- Empower and encourage the team to take immediate action to meet the needs of guests and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
- Ensure our guests have a great shopping experience always throughout the day.
- Have an overview of the store business plan and IKEA Food action plans, and I contribute to my area’s action plan by supporting my manager in implementing it with the team.
- Secure an irresistible food offer by ensuring an attractive presentation and communication of the range.
- Be passionate about my products and actively learn about their content, origins and other benefits. I share this knowledge with my customers and colleagues.
- Know my top-selling products and three Aces and one King, and I ensure they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times.
- Work with my manager to actively contribute and support relevant marketing and in-store activities.
- Support my manager in implementing range changes in a simple and cost-conscious way.
- During unexpectedly quiet times I initiate commercial activities that attract store visitors and increase the take-up rate, or take other actions to secure productivity.
- Ensure my area is efficiently maintained as well as clean, organized, attractive and inviting to provide a positive customer experience.
- Use my local market awareness to give my manager input regarding range and pricing.
Steering the business
- Work actively to make the IKEA store successful and high performing, today and tomorrow by attracting visitors, achieving sales growth and reasonable profitability, ensuring the satisfaction of guests and coworkers, and excellent operational performance as measured through our defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Monitor and control the food costs, operational costs, productivity, sales mix and recipe cost.
- Responsible for the efficient organisation of the business area in relation to financial performance i.e. gross profit, costs, hours planning, productivity levels, absence management and holiday planning to agreed service levels.
- Ensure the implementation and follow-up of the SOP rules and guidelines.
- Work with my manager to ensure all the co-workers in my area understand the IKEA Concept and key guidelines, as well as how these have an impact on their specific roles.
- Lead by example and support and coach my colleagues on the job so they can meet the needs of our customers and grow professionally.
- Work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality, and diversity is valued, to ensure IKEA Food is regarded as a great place to work.
- Take an active role in my team and co-operate when needed with colleagues in other parts of the store.
- Keep my colleagues informed so that they can perform their roles effectively. I pass on my knowledge to colleagues and encourage them to do the same.
- To perform tasks that require prolonged standing duration
- Ensure compliance to Food Safety and Hygiene practices
- Attend to customers’ needs and requests in a pleasant manner
- Ensuring products are in perfect condition and correctly priced at all times
- Upkeep cleanliness and hygiene standards at all times
- Fast food/Café with cashiering experience and able to perform manual chores
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.