- Company: Rakai Health Sciences Program
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
DREAMS/ OVC Technical Lead
Duty Station: Kalisizo .
Provide technical oversight, operational coordination and management including planning, implementation, capacity enhancement, monitoring/evaluation, and reporting to delivery of high-quality DREAMS and OVC interventions in Masaka region.
• Lead implementation of DREAMS and OVC activities in all supported districts and communities
• Oversee achievement of performance targets in line with technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
• Oversee the development of comprehensive work plans and budgets for the implementation of quality DREAMS & OVC activities
• Support functionality of DREAMS & OVC coordination structures at sub-district, district, and stakeholder levels in all the supported districts.
• Conduct field visits to support DREAMS & OVC activities and use the learning to continuously modify programming.
• Continuously document new developments in DREAMS & OVC programming and align them to proposed activities.
• Innovatively think of ways to improve performance and address challenges that arise during DREAMS & OVC implementation.
• Lead training, mentorship, and other capacity building initiatives among DREAMS & OVC service providers
• Strengthen reporting on DREAMS & OVC activities through National Information Systems as required by the funders in the region.
• Produce periodic reports as per the organizational, government and donor requirements.
• Contribution to the research portfolio of RHSP by coordinating studies, preparing abstracts, manuscripts etc.
• Support in continuation application to the donor writing.
• Any other assigned duties in line with your role
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work & Social Administration, Education, Community Psychology, Development Studies, or any other related humanities.
• Post graduate training in Public Health, Health Service Research, Health Services Management, Community Development, or other development related field.
• Specialized training or experience in HIV/programming will be an added advantage.
• At least 2 years’ experience working in designing, implementing, and managing health programs.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in managing OVC/DREAMS PEPFAR program.
• Should have at least a credit in mathematics.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
How To Apply
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (In one PDF/ Word document), addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Friday 9th April 2021 by 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.