Kimetrica seeks dynamic and committed candidates for the position of Visualization Designer.
OBJECTIVE: The successful candidate will be able to design and create data visualizations, maps, web mockups, and other communication products for print and web. The Visualization Designer will lead shaping the design language for programs and initiatives to be used across channels and outputs, the UX and UI for other user-facing technologies, and work with development teams throughout implementation and updates. The ideal candidate is a creative team player that can work independently and collaboratively and is able to think strategically across different media platforms and own the creation process.
Key Position Objectives Include
- Create compelling and graphically pleasing print and web-ready layouts of research work.
- Collect and organize data necessary to produce maps and other visualizations.
- Create custom maps and charts using data-driven tools (e.g. QGIS, D3, Mapbox, Plotly) to use for print and web use.
- Develop user experience and user interface mockups for websites and other user facing technologies that are being developed for project work.
- Interview customers to understand their communications goals and capture this in a way that maximizes the value of content produced by researchers and applied scientists.
- Work with the customers throughout the product’s life cycle to ensure that the research questions are answered in a useful and graphically pleasing way.
- Work with satellite imagery to create research visualizations.
- Design and layout research reports, infographics, data visualizations, and other finished analytic products.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related discipline
- Familiar with at least one data visualization library (d3, mapbox, plotly, etc.) and willingness to learn
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- English language proficiency
- Ability to work across numerous time zones and on multiple deliverables often with short turn-around time
- Previous use of Sketch or similar layout tools
- Demonstrated ability to produce visualization products
- Experience working with customers
SALARY RANGE: Ksh 165,000-202,000 per month
JOB LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya. Currently all staff are working from home due to the COVID situation.
BENEFITS: We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary package
- Medical aid, SACCO, life insurance
- Generous vacation, holidays and sick leave
Formed by a group of former humanitarian and development workers, Kimetrica is a social enterprise focused on providing policy makers and project managers with the tools and skills they need to do their jobs well. Our work centers on providing knowledge management solutions for governments, bilateral, and multilateral donors, and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of performance management and disaster risk reduction. Kimetrica employs an extensive network of sector specialists with expertise ranging from early warning and contingency planning to social protection and research and data analysis.
Kimetrica is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Institute for Research (AIR), one of the world’s leading behavioral research organizations. AIR, a not-for-profit founded in 1946, works with government agencies, philanthropies and other organizations to conduct research and evaluation and provide technical assistance in the areas of education, health and workforce development, in the U.S. and abroad.
Eeo And Sea
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
Kimetrica and AIR adhere to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
To Apply, Click here